Everyone loves a wedding, a time for celebration as two people join together to create a family and if you are tying the knot this coming summer, there is much to arrange. Once you have decided on a date and booked a venue, you can create your guest list and get the invitations out.
If you are new to event planning, here are a few tips to make your wedding a memorable one.
- Go with live entertainment – If you recall the wedding receptions that you enjoyed the most, the music was a band or a solo singer; people respond to a live performance much more than just an audio track. Book a good comedian for a couple of short sessions to change the ambience; there are online agencies that represent live bands – Google will take you to their website where you can view a wide range of bands that perform at weddings.
- Photo booth – You can create an Instagram corner with Sydney photo booth hire and we guarantee this will be the busiest area of all, even busier than the bar! The provider offers full support and with a range of stunning backdrops, your guests can upload cool images to their social media pages. The booth is attended by staff who know what they are doing, so you won’t have to worry.
- Videographer – The thing with weddings is you only get one shot at capturing it digitally, which is why you need the services of a top-rated wedding videographer, who can also handle the still images. Start with an online search then browse a few sites, looking at their portfolios and make enquiries as to availability and cost. We recommend having a face-to-face meeting with your chosen videographer, which ensures he understands your concept.
- Overnight accommodation – Many couples overlook this; guests who were planning to drive home often have a change of heart, especially if they are over the legal alcohol limit, so you need to arrange local accommodation at a hotel/motel/resort. Don’t book rooms, rather check on availability, should the need arise. If, for example, you see one of your guests is a bit unsteady on their feet, you can offer to drive them to a local hotel. Here are a few tips to keep your lawn looking good.
- Relax and enjoy the experience – Once the morning of the big day arrives, that’s it as far as planning goes, so you can relax and enjoy every moment of this very special day for you and your soulmate. Your best friend can be on call, while you and your partner need to do the rounds and thank each guest for attending. It isn’t every day that you get married and you want to have fond memories and a video film that shows the highlights.
The great Australian summer is on the way and this is the ideal time to plan a garden wedding at a well-known venue.