Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year – one that should be celebrated with family, friends and…flowers! If you’re looking to add a special touch to your holiday decorations this season, creating eye-catching Thanksgiving flower arrangements is the way to go. FiftyFlowers is an excellent source for wholesale flowers, foliage, and accessories that are perfect for any occasion. Here are some tips and tricks to get you started on your journey.
Pick the Right Flowers
With so many varieties available, it can be hard to decide which flowers will look best in your arrangement. The right selection of blooms depends on the overall theme of your holiday decor as well as their color schemes. Depending on what colors you’re going for, choose either contrasting or complementary colors when picking out flowers. Some popular Thanksgiving choices include roses, chrysanthemums, carnations and lilies.
Choose Your Container Wisely
Your container is just as important as the flowers when it comes to making an eye-catching arrangement. A glass vase works great for modern settings while a rustic wooden box or basket looks amazing with traditional designs. Keep in mind the size of your chosen container – make sure it’s proportional to your flowers!
Think Beyond the Basics
Just because it’s Thanksgiving doesn’t mean you need to stick with traditional reds and yellows for your arrangements – feel free to get creative with colors like purple or green (or even both!). You can also add other elements like leaves or twigs from around the house for unique touches. Consider adding ribbons or fabric pieces in the same color scheme too!
Get Creative with Filler Flowers
Filler flowers such as baby’s breath have become essential accents in floral arrangements these days and there’s no better time than Thanksgiving to take advantage of them! They come in several colors and easily bring balance into any design since they are smaller than most other blooms but still provide visual interest due to their delicate petals.
Top 10 Flowers for Thanksgiving Flower Arrangements
Here is a list of the top 10 flowers for Thanksgiving flower arrangements:
- Chrysanthemums – These cheerful blooms come in yellow, white, orange and other colors and look stunning when arranged together with other flowers.
- Roses – Available in a variety of colors, roses never go out of style and can be used to create timeless centerpieces or bouquets for any occasion.
- Sunflowers – This popular summer favorite makes its way onto the Thanksgiving table as well! Use these large blooms to add brightness and drama to your floral design.
- Carnations – Perfectly ruffled petals give this flower its romantic charm while its clove-like scent adds an extra layer of depth to any design
- Lilies – Bright lilies instantly give life to any room they enter and their long-lasting nature make them ideal for holiday decorating
- Orchids – Easy to handle and often come in beautiful shades like purple or white, making them excellent additions for holiday decorations
- Alstroemeria – Also known as Peruvian lilies, these vibrant blooms come in many colors and lend themselves well to arrangement-making
- Gerbera daisies – Add bold pops of color like orange and yellow with these big daisies
- Lisianthus – Often referred to as “the rose without thorns” because of its soft petals and delicate shape, lisianthus will make any design look romantic
- Hydrangeas – Large hydrangeas give bouquets more structure when put together with smaller blooms
When it comes down to choosing the right flowers for your next Thanksgiving flower arrangement project, it always pays off doing research beforehand! There are so many amazing options available today that picking out the perfect match could turn into an art form you love creating! By following these few simple tips and stocking up on all your favorite wholesale supplies at FiftyFlowers, you will have no problem creating fabulous Thanksgiving flower arrangements every single year!