Mac systems are not easy to set up as Windows PCs. You need to go with a few formalities like connecting Mac to the internet, enabling protection, so on before going to use it. And once you have successfully installed the system, the next step is to keep the system running smoothly by regularly clearing caches, duplicate files, and deleting unwanted files. Now both these steps can become easy if you go with our short setup to cleaning guide.
If you have already installed the system, move to the cleaning section for quick help;
Set up or installation of MacBook Pro
Here we have a step by step guide for the quick installation of your Mac.
- Start by plugging in the USB-C charger in the power plug.
- Switch on the power button that lies on the right side and above the delete key.
- Once Macbook Pro will power on, it will ask for the country to choose to determine the dates, times, and language format. If you choose any wrong setting, do not panic, change any settings from the Language & Text control panel.
- Next, the MacBook Pro will ask for keyboard selection. Choose a US QWERTY keyboard as a standard keyboard.
- The system will ask to connect with Wi-fi, choose the router which you want to connect with Macbook.
- If you are already an apple account holder, Macbook will give you an option to migrate your accounts, apps, password, documents, and environment from another Mac.
- Now you can set your Apple Id and password and connect the system with iCloud. If you want an Apple ID for your iTunes account, you can too add this here. Otherwise, go with the same id for iTunes and iCloud.
- You will see a dialogue box containing terms and conditions, read them and will have no use if you have a lack of time. Then move to the next option.
- You can choose the username and password if you want. Keep in mind that you cannot disable the user name as used for security purposes.
- Enable Siri automated assistant introduced with iOS
- If you want to eliminate the hassle of typing a password, add a touch id to wake the system from sleep mode. You can also add a finger id to enable system settings.
Clean your MacBook Pro
Once you have successfully set up your mac, now you need to improve system performance with regular cache cleaning, (from the system, apps, and browser) detecting duplicate files, and uninstalling unwanted apps. These will save you time and you will never face any slow system process errors. To improve system productivity you can either clean MacBook manually or with system software.
Keep in mind, cleaning is the most important function to save the system from threats and malware attacks. So plan a schedule weekly or monthly to remove all the junk files from the system. Also, remember overnight charging is not good for your device, and that answers the question, “Is it bad to leave my MacBook charging overnight?”.
Following the above steps helps you to successfully start your New MacBook Pro in a few minutes. Remember, to keep your system always new, run cleaning tests either from professionals or your own.