Cold months are the best time to plan vacations in and around India. Cooler temperatures ensure you are saved from the scorching summer heat and fatigue. Dressed in layers, sipping on hot beverages, indulging in your comfort food, and exploring places on bright sunny days—trips cannot get better than this. Can they? It is time to leave your mundane routine aside, pack your bags, and visit your dream destination.
While travelling in the winter months can be a surreal experience, you must be well-prepared to make the most of it. From packing well to staying secure with travel insurance, make sure you have ticked all important things off the checklist. Here are some tips that will help you in planning and executing a stress-free trip.
5 travel tips for a stress-free trip
Shortlisting destinations, shopping for the trip, and making bookings—all these are part of the larger excitement of planning a trip. Find below a short list of things to keep in mind for ensuring you do not miss out on anything important.
- Make your travel itinerary: You have to decide on the destination beforehand. During the holiday season, when everyone is planning to head out, it is best to zero in on the destination when you still have enough time to research and plan. The year-end holiday season is essentially a rush hour. It is one of the best times to travel only if you have charted out your travel itinerary in advance. This becomes all the more crucial if you want to travel overseas. Choosing an off-beat or less popular destination will save you a lot of time and money. In addition, you can enjoy the place without much crowd.
- Make early bookings: If you are planning to visit popular winter destinations such as Goa, Manali, Kashmir, or Rann of Kutch, then you must make your bookings much in advance. These places are bound to be crowded and waiting till the last minute to make bookings can lead you to compromised and/or expensive choices.
Booking flights to these places at the last hour could burn a hole in your pocket, or even worse—you may not get tickets because of the rush. The same goes for hotel bookings as well. The more you delay the more you lose out on affordable choices. If you are planning a dream holiday to an overseas location such as Paris, Prague, or New York, then remember, it is a festive time in almost all parts of the world and you must book your flight tickets and accommodation as early as possible.
- Minimise airport stress: While travelling during the holiday season, expect a packed and crowded airport. Go digital as much as you can. Do a web check-in as soon as the online check-in window opens and get your luggage tags and boarding passes online. You may download your airline carrier’s app and sign in to your account to access necessary documents such as tickets and boarding passes on the go. In addition, you will get constant updates on your flight status. Check the security rules and reach the airport on time. Minimize also your airport stress by taking advantage of a luggage shipping service to ensure a hassle-free travel experience.
- Pack smartly: Around this time of the year, many people around the world are on a travelling spree. When you choose to travel during the peak season, you must pack smartly. Travel as lightly as you can. But at the same time, remember to keep adequate winter wear, especially if you are travelling to a cold destination. You must do weather research about the places that you are about to visit and pack your bags accordingly. If you are heading to the mountains, make sure you are not underprepared.
- Buy travel insurance: Before you embark on the journey, buy a travel insurance plan. Many things can go wrong when travelling during the peak holiday season. Delayed or cancelled flights, loss of baggage or important documents, accident, sickness—anything can happen. So, it is always better to be prepared. Travel insurance will cover you against such unanticipated risks, and more. If you are travelling abroad, then international travel insurance is a must. Any mishap overseas could easily spiral into major financial and mental stress. By investing in international travel insurance, you will stay cushioned against these risks.
Stay safe, take precautions against possible health hazards, and travel responsibly. Trips are more fun when you are prepared against potential risks. Buy travel insurance to ensure you are not alone in the face of a mishap in an unknown place. Invest in travel insurance and enjoy your trip stress-free.