Divorce brings not only emotional hardships or challenges to your routine, but it also creates financial difficulties for many couples. Apart from the need to reorganize your life and manage your finances independently, you will need to cover a list of expenses the divorce will create. Still, lack of spare funds doesn’t mean you have to suffer in an unhappy marriage and lose all hopes to end it one day.
Your task is to study how to pay for a divorce with no money and put all efforts to succeed in terminating your marriage even without great financial possibilities. Check out some practical ideas for you.
If you want to go cheap with the end of your marriage, get an uncontested divorce online. This will save you time, money, and health.
An uncontested divorce means that you don’t blame each other for your marriage failure and can come to an agreement on major divorce issues peacefully. You will have to cooperate with your soon-to-be-ex and use your time and efforts to create a mutually comfortable marriage dissolution. But you will be able to cope with the divorce with minimum money waste. Even so, it is essential to consult the divorce lawyer Chicago experts before making any decision. Or, you can go here and learn more about the divorce procedure.
Choosing an uncontested divorce is often not enough. What really counts is your efforts in the process. Many couples who go through low-income divorces prefer to do everything on their own to reduce the costs spent on the additional experts and services. Here are some points for you to perform the cheap marriage termination:
- gather documents and personal data in advance;
- request the forms and the instructions in the clerk’s office, study and fill them out by yourself;
- ask a close friend or relative to serve your spouse;
- cooperate with your soon-to-be-ex and create a mutually beneficial settlement agreement;
- consult with the law in force so that your decisions as to marriage and divorce can be approved by the judge and your marriage is finalized successfully.
Still, you have to understand that divorce decisions are not only for ‘here and now.’ They will predetermine your and your family’s life for a long time afterward. So, if you face any complications or hesitations, it is wise to waste more money and get the relevant experts to assist you. Otherwise, your slightest mistake or wrong decision can lead to a much bigger loss in the nearest future.
If you wonder can you get a divorce for free, there are several ways to make your divorce expenses covered by someone else but not you. For example, it may be your spouse who is made to pay for the divorce process on your side as well. You should gather the docs proving that your spouse’s income outweighs yours significantly, and you cannot manage the divorce expenses on your own. Then send the relevant request to the judge. If you qualify, the judge will make your spouse pay for you in the divorce process so that you won’t have to waste a cent.
Still, the positive outcomes of your inquiry are not guaranteed. Even if the coverage by your soon-to-be-ex is approved, it can be processed in the form of refunding after the end of the divorce process. This means you should find the costs to pay for divorce anyway.
In cases when the uncontested divorce is not possible, and divorce case is a complicated one, you should find a way to pay for divorce even if you lack money. Review the ideas of extra funding sources for your divorce process:
- Credit card – in case your credit history is good, you can use your credit card to cover the divorce-related expenses and pay everything off on beneficial conditions later;
- Loan – you can also take an individual bank loan providing that you have a steady income and will repay the money in the nearest time;
- Selling property – dwell whether you have expensive personal belongings to sell them and use the money for the marriage termination process. This may be some collections, bikes, kayaks, gadgets, anything you don’t need greatly but can save you from the financial hardships;
- Retirement funds – you can use your 401(k) fund to borrow money from. Still, if your retirement funds are your marital property, you will need the permission of your spouse to do so;
- Helpful relatives – you can ask your close friends and relatives for financial support and make an agreement to pay everything back within the respective terms. Be careful; such agreements and their violation may spoil your relationships with your friends and relatives.
There are many other ways to use extra sources for your divorce expenses, including filing for bankruptcy after divorce. But you should clearly assess your situation so that the chosen option helps you with your financial hurdles but does not make things more complicated.
No matter whether you are rich or poor, you can get legal help with divorce absolutely for free or for peanuts. Visit local community centers to find lawful and psychological support groups, cooperate with experts looking for experience, search for qualified specialists and divorced advisors online.
If you want a marriage termination but postpone it because you don’t know how to pay for a divorce with no money, you need to stop suffering. Review the legal options to cut down your divorce expenses, put in much effort to prepare for the divorce process profoundly, cooperate with your spouse to finalize the divorce amicably. You can find many options so that you can divorce without paying much; you should only start looking and change your life for the better despite the challenges.