Receiving a package box is like having a present to open on a dewy morning or sunny afternoon. There is always an excitement inside us whenever we received those packages especially if it is from our loved ones across the world, or even on the nearby country, or customers waiting so long for their packages ordered online to arrive on their doorstep. Most of us always find ways to deliver a certain thing or products for our loved ones, customers, suppliers, coworkers, etc. and that is through freight companies, whichever serves convenience to us (see more).
As freight companies are now struggling on delivering packages on time because of today’s pandemic and a pause in business, they always look up to find more ways to soothe the problem. However, businesses can’t avoid circumstances where cities are being locked down or maybe under strict community quarantine that makes their delivery time impossible to achieve. Borders are getting stricter than ever which makes it harder for delivery trucks to transport mails to the other cities.
Of course, some people ships their personal belongings or business products to other places that do not load a ton. LTL (less-than-truckload) is a shipping option of small to large packages that can be combined in a container truckload. It occupies shipments made by several shippers that are organized onto one shipment and are shipped to the same destination, time, and class.
There are many shipping options that you could choose from such as:
- Train – Yes, a bit old school but still works! This may be the classic way of ground shipping your goods, but it is still available and economical especially when the destination as not far from yours. This way your receiver receives their package faster and just within the day.
- Air – You can ship your packages on a plane as long as it is considered as LTL (less-than-truckload) shipments. Planes can carry these packages depending on the availability of flights to a certain destination you’d like to send it to.
- Truckload –This gives you the benefit of the doubt as it ensures that your packages are being limited to be potentially damaged or lost. This option is beneficial for businesses or people that require to ship things that weight 15,000 pounds or less within the country.
- Ocean – This mostly applies to international shipment only and it takes quite some time to arrive at the destination. It is a large ocean vessel that can move from one country to another and loads corrugated large, metal containers.
Common Problems On Shipping Goods
Today’s pandemic somewhat serves as a pause to everyone who is working their asses off or enjoying life without taking precautions. There is lots of business under different industries that have stopped for a while or good as well. However, there are important packages that you need to turn over or to send to someone you know.
You could simply be just a loving individual who wants to send a care package for your relatives living across the world or just the neighboring country, or you’re a business owner who plans to ship your products around the world or to nearby countries, here are some things you should try to practice to avoid customer complaints and a potential loss of targeted customers.
- Unexpected Or Unanticipated Closure – We could not avoid other cities or ports being locked down to lessen the distress of the health economy. This is one of the struggles of sending packages.
- Damages Or Loss Of Packages – Even though stickered with a word fragile, your package can still be damaged and sometimes happens unexpectedly.
- Custom Clearance Problems – Of course, every country or state has different customs regarding what the packages are. This could not be avoidable because some goods are just not passing their rules. It is good to declare honestly what’s inside your package to avoid this problem.
- Customs Examination – Honestly, some researchers say only more or less 10% of all shipments are being inspected. This is unavoidable as it will take a lot of time to inspect all packages to be shipped if there are more than hundreds of them every single day.
There are a lot more struggles on sending packages outside or within the country as those listed above are just a few of many of it. You can read articles like https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/226847 to look up to other reasons for the struggles of shipping companies.