If you feel that you could give anything to have a few more hours each day, you’re not alone. Many people are immensely busy trying to juggle their personal lives and careers all at the same time (on top of everything else), and those involved in running a business can undoubtedly say that it is a real struggle. But there is a solution you can always take advantage of: hiring a virtual assistant from either an agency like C Suite Assistants specialising in virtual assistants or an independent freelancer. But the big question on your mind may be whether you need one.
Will a virtual assistant provide you with the substantial help and assistance you require? Even though they may come in handy, is this the right time to hire one? Here’s how to properly determine if you need a virtual assistant: what you should know.
What to expect
First off, it might be a good idea to learn more about what you can expect from a virtual assistant. In other words, what are their skills, and what precisely can they do for you? Whilst their skills can vary, virtual assistants are expected to have some general or standard skills, such as the ability to do secretarial and administrative work, translation or transcription, spreadsheets or data entry, booking appointments, and managing databases.
But some skills are more than welcome, although not many may have them, such as IT, marketing (both traditional and digital), social media marketing, graphic design, accounting or payroll, website management or design, blogging, and even marketing on Amazon.
When do you need one?
Now that you understand what they can do, the next step is to determine when (and if) you need one. Of course, for some career and business people, availing of a virtual assistant’s services makes sense at any time. But if you want to ensure that your decision is worthwhile, you should opt to hire a virtual assistant based on the following:
- If you feel overwhelmed with all the things you have to do, whether it’s in your business or personal life
- If you have a tonne of paperwork to accomplish in your business and you or your staff can no longer deal with it without compromising your other tasks and responsibilities
- If you don’t have the financial means or resources to hire another full-time member of your staff
- If you would like to save money and not have to worry about holidays or sick leaves, employee benefits and contributions, and taxes
- If you want to reduce your overhead expenses and save on the cost of office equipment as well
- If you’re going to spend more time with your loved ones and reduce your stress and anxiety
- If you need to have a particular task or job done, but you (or your staff) don’t have the necessary skills to finish or do the job yourselves.
Virtual assistants can help you save on your funds and concentrate on the work you have to do, and they have flexible schedules that they can easily adapt to yours. What’s more, you need only pay them for the actual hours they have worked – so you know you are getting the best value for your money and a skill set that’s not readily available elsewhere.