There are more people working from home than ever before, thanks to the digital revolution and if you are fed up with the 9-5 rat race, why not join the growing number of digital nomads and make your living online?
How can I generate an income on the Internet?
This is a question that many people are asking; here are just a few ways that you can join the exclusive club of online entrepreneurs.
- E-commerce – Selling products is perhaps the most popular way to earn a living online; you do need the right product line, a professional-looking website and a good logistics partner, along with some serious digital marketing. Once your e-store is up and running, you can book a stay at one of the stunning water villas in the Maldives and live a millionaire lifestyle while managing your business.
- Set up an online brokerage – The smart digital entrepreneur knows the value of connecting buyers with sellers and you can broker just about anything. The seller normally pays the broker a commission for finding a buyer; examples of brokers include real estate agents, insurance brokers and consultants. Whatever your chosen field, do check out the competition before doing anything.
- Life coaching – This is a relatively new sector and you do need to have all the trappings of success if you are to attract clients. Taking a course in counselling would set you up for further study in psychology and your business is built on reputation and word of mouth. If you think you have what it takes to transform people’s lives for the better, this might be the career for you.
- Web content writing – You can easily find content producing agencies who hire freelance bloggers and sales copywriters. You might have to take an online English grammar test if you are not a native speaker of English, but if you love to write, you can make a living writing guest blogs. Here are a few cool ways to travel like a local.
- Teaching English – Thanks to VoIP technology, there is a huge market for native English speakers to teach online. You could take an online TEFL course and work for one of the top online language schools and as you gain more experience, your hourly rate will increase. Most agencies will provide full training; all you need is a laptop, a stable Internet connection and you’re good to go.
The benefits of working online
The obvious benefit is that you can live wherever you choose in the world, as long as you can connect to the web, you can work. Sell the house and relocate to Thailand or Bali and enjoy life in a tropical paradise. Spend some time in The Maldives and perhaps the Caribbean Islands and you can visit your relatives wherever they might be.
All it takes is a little planning and you can enjoy the freedom and independence that comes with working online. No more rush hour traffic and being told when to start work; you are your own boss and work when you feel like it.